J.T. Petty Still Has His Sights Set on the Faces of Death

Chris Savage 10 Comments Movie Page: Faces of Death

J.T. Petty Still Has His Sights Set on the Faces of DeathHere is one film that has been in development for years. In fact, we haven’t heard anything on the new Faces of Death film in something like four years, but today, the silence has been broken. The last we heard was that J.T. Petty was attached to give us his take on the infamous 1978 film the Faces of Death, and well, that still appears to be the case.

Recently the folks over at STYD, caught up with Petty, and revealed this;

I turned in a new draft of the script a month ago,” he told us.  “I’d love to make it, it would be the most horrific of the movies I’ve made so far.

So does this mean that the Faces of Death will be his next film? Who knows, but we do know that this one is still alive and he is still attached after all these years. My question is, do you guys want a new Faces of Death film?

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. Wayne John Davies October 11, 2013 at 8:15 am

Okay. This has left me confused. ‘Faces of Death’ as in a compilation of real life death? If so; 1) How is this at all a film, and 2) Why would it require a script? Please explain…

• Larry Brown
          Larry Brown October 11, 2013 at 8:17 am

Faces of death was supposedly real life death when in reality some of the scenes were scripted and fake. Theres a hard to find interview floating around where the director admits that a couple were faked and suggests others may have been.

• Wayne John Davies
          Wayne John Davies October 11, 2013 at 8:18 am

Ah I see. I wasn’t aware some were faked, it makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation :)

2. Jason Collins October 11, 2013 at 8:17 am

Wayne there is a movie out there called Faces of Death fact or fiction that should help you out bro that will explain it all

3. super8rocks October 11, 2013 at 8:46 am

I met one of that guys relatives, I believe it was his daughter, years ago. They told me that it was all fake. Im not sure about the animal stuff but the humans all we’re, she said.

4. Merryn Western October 11, 2013 at 10:14 am

Its so obviously faked I can never understand why there’s discussions on it.

5. Richard Mackie October 11, 2013 at 11:08 am

the senitor blowing his brains out at a news confrence was very real

6. Sarah Jane Porter October 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm

i have faces of death on dvd 1_4

7. Simon Jeffreys October 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

So they’re going to have a compilation of death scenes(all the nasty parts of say the Final Destination films)?
        Pointless.

8. Bjorn Tieman October 12, 2013 at 2:42 am

they didn’t get fake till the old man died. part 3….I think. traces of death is all real and so much better.